Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course is based on the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga, not just on the Asana practice. There is a lot of emphasis placed on the different limbs of yoga, Yamas, Niyamas, Pranayama, concentration, meditation techniques and mindfulness too.This comprehensive curriculum also covers Yoga philosophy based on the Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle and ethics, anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers and practitioners, among other topics related to the practice of cultivating a balanced life. We are unorthodox and open in our approach towards yoga. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuition and spiritual experiences into your teaching styles. We don’t follow any religion or schema in our courses.
At the end of the course, you will be ready to practice the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series as self-practice, to teach classes based on this style of yoga, and also to create your own Vinyasa flow sequences with various themes.
You will also have the benefit of exposure to other styles of asana practice, including Yoga Nidra, Yin and restorative yoga, in order to develop your experience and knowledge of other yoga traditions and styles during the course.
By attending the Sarvam Yoga 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training you will:
• Learn to teach and to practice a broad range of yoga asanas.
• Learn the appropriate and correct alignments for postures and for different bodies.
• Explore the modifications and variations of the most common asanas.
• Learn and practice the art of hands-on-adjustment.
• Understand the basic concepts of functional anatomy applied to yoga practice.
• Experience and practice different pranayama and meditation techniques.
• Experience the yogic life in the 9 days residential
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course works on helping you not only earn confidence and become technically a strong teacher, but also helps you find your own voice. You will start practicing teaching from the very first day. We will help you to deepen your connection with your inner being and your uniqueness. This process will enable you to teach from your heart and in your own way, rather than just from memory and words.
• You have been practicing yoga - seriously - and want to move to the next level.
• You want to learn how to get harmony between body, mind and soul.
• You want to deepen your personal asana and meditation practice.
• You want to learn and practice in a compassionate and non-competitive yet challenging environment.
• Are looking for a comprehensive, safe, well/structured, anatomically precise yet intuitive approach.
• You wish to explore the subtler and deeper level of awareness.
• You have a strong desire and urge to share this art of living with others.
• You are ready to learn yoga beyond asanas.
You will receive a 200-hour certification eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance US.
• Ashtanga Yoga: Introduction to and history of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and the four elements of Ashtanga yoga; Vinyasa, Ujjayi Breath, Bandhas and Dhristi. You will practice the Primary Series three times a week.
• Vinyasa Flow: Dynamic flows practiced four to five times a week, principles of sequencing, designing and teaching Vinyasa Flow classes.
• Other Styles of Yoga: You will also get to practice other styles of yoga such as; partner yoga, yin and restorative yoga, during the course.
During the course, you will receive workshops focused on alignment and adjustment techniques for the main postures of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series and a few other more advance postures. This will also include modifications, advance variations, adequate use of props, postures clinics (arm balances, backbends, inversions, among others), and regular hands-on adjustments practice.
During our course, you will learn about principles of demonstration, observing, assisting and correcting, verbal instructions, teaching styles, the qualities of a teacher, voice projection, floor presence, planning and structuring a class, alignment and hands-on-adjustment, dealing with injuries and safety precautions, business aspects of teaching yoga, ethics and much more.
You will learn and practice different breathing and meditation techniques every day throughout the complete course.
You will delve into the philosophy of Yoga, and will come out with enough knowledge about the different limbs of yoga, the meaning of yoga, etc.
Basic concepts of functional anatomy and physiology related to movement.
Application of anatomical principles to yoga practice (mechanics of yoga asana, its benefits and contraindications, healthy patterns of movement, etc).
In this class, your teachers will guide you through how to develop your career as a yoga teacher, setting up your own studio, school or retreat center, marketing strategies, advertising and PR, ethics in yoga business, building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats, among other topics related.